Pages

Wednesday 1 August 2012

What I like about Windows 7

Now when Windows 8 is knocking on the door, I have finally installed Windows 7.
Those who have been using it for a while and have already explored its possibilities, may not read further. Because what I am going to write will be for rookies. And no, I am not going to review Windows 7.



Recently I stumbled across a forum where people ask questions about technologies. My eye caught this. A true LOL answer!
Q. Do you know how many people use windows? (meaning the Windows operating system)
A. I dunno. The only people I know that don't use windows are prisoners.

I am not a technician. I am not even a computer teacher. What I need is simplicity and effectiveness when I use a computer. Here is what I found in Windows 7:

1. The Snipping tool. Brilliant! 1-2-3 and you have made a screenshot! I feel sorry for all those numerous screenshot tools that have been produced so far. Who needs them if you can use an inbuilt tool which is just one click away?

2. Sticky notes. Digital notes that you stick on your screen and use exactly in the way you would use a paper note, it just sticks to your screen and displays your notes for as long as you need.

3. Aero Peek. Sounds smart but in reality it's again a very simple feature! When you slide your mouse across the buttons on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen (provided you have opened several pages or files on your computer), each button shows thumbnails of all the pages and makes it very easy for you to get straight back to the document or webpage you recently viewed. This is efficient indeed!

Now my next step is to open the windows wider.

P.S. I wanted to finish this post 15 minutes ago in July but finished in August. How time flies!


No comments: